Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013- My Word, My Verse

Happy New Year! I know I haven't been keeping up here. I let myself get too busy with my business last year. Although I love what I do I know that I can over do it and then other important things in my life are neglected. I am not going to worry about that though, I am going to look forward.

Many of my friends over the last several years have chosen a word for the year. Something they focus on and learn more about. Usually they start thinking and praying about what the word will be right before the new year. It was brought to my attention a week or so ago and as I was reading a message from a friend a word and then a verse popped into my head. So guess what? I am going to focus on a word for this year as well.

My word is Trust

The biggest thing for me is to trust that God cares about me too. I have always felt like it wasn't great for me to pray about things personal to me, that I should only pray for others. I also thought that God cared more about others than me, I didn't expect him to answer my prayers. I know this is wrong and that He LOVES me and wants the best for me and I need to focus on that this year. I am a child of God, just like everyone else and I need to change my thinking. I am on my way and I know this year will be great for me with that focus.

I also need to trust in God's plan. He knows how all the pieces fit together (thank you Papa, for reiterating) and he can handle it all. I am going to trust Him and just wait on Him. When He wants me to move I will. I must trust Him with my family as well. He knows what each person needs and no matter what I do I can't change them, only He can do that.

I am going to trust also that he can help us as I work less on my business. We have a new job prospect for Nate and hopefully that comes through but either way I will trust God. I will keep working but will be more selective, (I do love making edible art!) and make sure my time is not over run with it. My first job is to teach and care for my children.


This passage has been coming up a lot for me lately. That seems to happen a lot when God wants me to do something. :) This is the verse for me!


Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with THANKSGIVING, present  your requests to God. And the Peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Jesus Christ.

Philippians 4:6,7

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome word and verse my friend!! Happy New Year!

Ami said...

Great word, Bonnie! :) I will be praying for you as you go on an adventure to TRUST God more. :) It's hard to relinquish our "control" -- but it's all His anyway. I'm trying hard to learn the same lesson. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...