Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Baby Food and other recipes

Last week I decided to start making some baby food for Ellie. I have given her a few things that I make for us that she can have but I wanted to make some things just for her. So first I baked some sweet potatoes. She loves sweet potatoes! After they were baked I peeled them and pureed them. I froze them in ice cube trays to save for later.
I then used my food processor to grind up some oats for cereal. I think though that it is still a little chunky for her and I plan to cook it and then puree it. I have mixed it with applesauce and mashed banana for her.

I decided to finally roast my pumpkins that we grew. So I cut them in half and placed them upside down in a pan with water in it. Of course after getting all the guts out!


Then I scraped it out of the rind and pureed it.


Ellie doesn't like pumpkin as much as sweet potatoes so we made pumpkin bread with it instead.


It is very yummy. Here is the recipe in case you want to try it.

Pumpkin bread (or muffins)
2/3 cup butter
2 2/3 cups sugar
4 eggs
1 lb canned pumpkin
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. vanilla
3 1/3 cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
2/3 cup nuts, choc. chips or other

Mix butter, sugar, eggs, pumpkin and spices. Add dry ingredients and mix. Add nuts or choc. chips. Bake in greased pans at 350 degrees for about an hour (for bread) or until toothpick comes out clean. Makes 2 loaves.

Nate asked me all of a sudden for coffee cake. :) I don't know why. So I went in search of a coffee cake to make. I searched The Pioneer Woman's Blog because I love her recipes. She blogged about this recipe from Smitten Kitchen. I didn't have any rhubarb or other fruit to use so I made it without the filling. It is very good! I had a bite of Nate's and he loves it.


1 comments:

Christina said...

That pumpkin bread looks YUMMY! Thanks for sharing your recipes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...