Friday, January 29, 2010

Baby food recipes

I thought I would share the recipes I have been using for some of our baby food.

Ellie's favorite is sweet potatoes. They are the easiest things to make too. Love them!
Scrub and prick sweet potatoes. Bake in 375 degree oven for 45 mins or until soft. After they cool just peel and mash. Ellie still likes things a little smoother so I use my stick blender and puree them. Sometimes she has them plain but she loves them with applesauce mixed in.

I also boiled a chicken breast. When it was cool I pureed that with my stick blender. This is the first time I have given her meat. I mixed this with the sweet potatoes as well. I froze both plain and mixed sweet potatoes in ice cube trays. After they were frozen I put them in ziplocks.

The other thing she eats a lot of is oatmeal. I tried to grind the oats first and then cook it but it was still too chunky for her. So I cook it and then puree it and she likes that. I make up a few days worth and stick it in the fridge. Then in the morning I just warm it and mix in some applesauce.

1 comments:

Miss Rachel said...

What a wonderful idea! thanks for sharing. Usually the first thing we give our babies is mashed banana. Its easy to mash, and is tasty. :) I know momma gives mashed oatmeal too.

Thanks for the frugal post on how to be productive and how to keep from buying store-bought baby food - ick. :) If its at the store, it can be homemade!

thanks for entering my giveaway. :) I love the palm shortening!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...