Friday, November 13, 2009

Some new recipes...

Today I made these pancakes for the 2nd time. They are really good! The kids love them too and I also made them into chocolate chip or blueberry just by throwing them on top before flipping. I had about 5 left to freeze so if they ask for pancakes tomorrow I am all set.
While I am talking about this recipe let me say check out the blog Homesick Texan. This is one of my newest finds. I have tried a few recipes from here and plan to try more. I love to search the site when I am looking for a recipe plus there are just so many recipes on there that I have always wanted to try. How about making your own sopapilla's?? YUM! I have made her flour tortillas several times and they are great!

I have also wanted to try a potato soup for a while. I finally decided yesterday to try one so I searched around the internet and looked through a bunch of recipes. I wanted to find something that had mostly natural ingredients, ie no bullion cubes or canned soups. So I found this recipe and made it yesterday. I halved it because it would have been way too much for just me and the kids. I still had a bit left over but thats ok because it is really good! The kids liked it even! Here is the recipe. Let me know if you try it.

POTATO CHEESE SOUP


6 to 8 large baking potatoes
2 cups milk
4 cups chicken broth
2/3 cup flour
2/3 cup butter
8-12 strips bacon, cooked
1 cup sour cream
8 oz. cheddar cheese, shredded
salt and pepper to taste

Bake potatoes until soft, then peel. Mash or cube the potatoes depending on the desired consistency for the soup.
In a large soup pot, combine butter and flour to make a roux. Cook for 1 minute, then slowly whisk in the liquids.
Add salt and pepper, potatoes, cooked bacon, and cheese. At the last minute, stir in the sour cream. Season to taste with salt and pepper before serving.

Soup will be thick. Add milk to reheat.
Each time this soup is reheated, it gets better!
Submitted by: Candi R.

(My Notes: I diced for a chunky soup and I did not add the bacon. So good!)

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...