Monday, December 28, 2009

More Christmas fun... (Christmas Eve)

                     Here are the mini gingerbread houses. Can you see which one was Kaden's :D



Every year on Christmas morning we have cinnamon rolls for breakfast. This is the first year I decided to try and make my own from scratch. I used this recipe from the Pioneer Woman. (Have I mentioned how much I love her and her recipes??) I halved it and still had a lot! I shared some with my brother and his family. Nathan said these were the best cinnamon rolls he has ever had! They were really good so I think we have a winner. I can't wait until next year. I will make the full batch and share with lots of friends and family!
Rolling out the dough.



Finished rolls... YUM



On Christmas Eve we made sugar cookies. Here they are rolling them out.




Cutting out the cookies.








Ellie having a cracker and watching.


Decorating the cookies.




The finished cookies.

We let them open a gift on Christmas Eve. Surprisingly it is always new pj's. hehe



A few pictures with their new jammies on.




That night we had a storm blow in. We had sleet for several hours and then it started to snow. The kids were able to see the start of the snow before they went to bed. They were very excited to have a white Christmas.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...