Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Baking away...

This morning was devoted to baking. We made our regular bread, we made french bread and we made crackers. The french bread and crackers were first time things. The french bread is good but could be lighter. We'll try again next time we need some. The crackers were good and both kids love them. I found lots of recipes for crackers. This was a small recipe and I wanted to See if I could do it. I know some people are thinking wow making crackers, why. I really want to get away from packaged foods. We have been doing pretty good with it but my kids love and eat lots of peanut butter crackers or for Meghan peanut butter and jelly crackers. We ran out of what we had left, (I had not bought any in months since I stocked up before learning that we didn't want to eat the stuff) and we needed some. It's my go to thing for them to eat. Of course I had to take some pictures so here is Meghan helping me bake. She loves to help in the kitchen.





Here are some pictures of the baked goods. I can't believe I made CRACKERS! Even better, they liked them. I got the recipe from Baking Sheet and I saw that there is a recipe for graham crackers on there. I will be looking at this blog more in the future for sure! Thanks!





Finally Kaden doing his part. :) He woke up from his nap just in time.


0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...