Saturday, November 27, 2010

It's the Holiday Season!

My favorite time of the year! We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at Uncle John and Aunt Leslie's! They always do a great job and we have a good time. The kids love to play there with their girls and their cousin. We have a lot to be thankful for and we are.

Meghan and I went out Black Friday shopping a little bit. I was mainly wanting to get a vacuum cleaner that was on sale because we need one and an Advent calendar. I will be filling the calendar with things for us to do each day, (an idea I got from 24/7 moms last week where I also won a pair of shoes!!)

Now we can get ready for Christmas. We are getting out the Christmas decorations as we unpack all our stuff and get settled. We really have done a lot. Still plenty to do but I can see the end. I hope to get most of it done (other than books because I have to get a shelf first) and be ready to do other things next week. We will be starting our Christmas unit study on Monday so that should be a lot of fun. We need to find the closest library and sign up quick.

I also have a list of things I want to make. This week I hope to make different kinds of breads as we need them. I have pumpkin bread, cranberry bread and monkey bread on the list. I also want to make puppy chow and maybe some sort of popcorn.

What are you doing this week that is Christmas related?

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...