Sunday, September 25, 2011

Muffin Tin Monday and a Quick Update

This week went by so fast. I had a pretty cool cake to work on which I will share soon. We started a unit study on the book Mr Poppers Penguins. Such a cute book and the kids are really enjoying learning about penguins. We are reading the book and watched a couple movies about penguins, including March of the Penguins. A penguins life is really kind of hard isn't it? Anyways, so that was the theme of the week and we will be working on the same theme this week. This is a longer unit study.

This week will be kind of busy too. Tomorrow we have our first event for the new homeschool group I am starting. We will be going to Skateland for a couple hours. The guy at Skateland is so nice. He is a believer in Jesus and was super nice to meet with. He is not requiring a minimum of people for our events, knowing it could take some time to build up. Our first event is tomorrow, we will have another in October with a Halloween theme and then we have one planned for Valentines Day. I think there will be some in between October and February too but these are the dates so far.

AND I want to show our muffin tin breakfast. My kids eat so well with a muffin tin meal, its craziness. So I made one up for breakfast. They don't eat a lot at breakfast time so I kept it simple.



Here we have some boiled eggs, cut in half (both my young ones will not eat the yolk). Some banana bread cubed and some apple slices.


I am joining in Muffin Tin Mondays, check it out to see more cool muffin tin meals!

8 comments:

lisa9999 said...

A breakfast muffin tin is a great idea.

Unknown said...

The banana bread looks great! I need to include more baking in my tins.

SnoopyGirl said...

Looks like a nice simple meal. My kids like the boiled eggs too, but prefer them soft boiled because the centers are less dry. My son won't eat his eggs any other way. LOL! Happy MTM and blessings on your new Homeschool group. Wish I could find a good one near me.

Samantha said...

Yum! That looks great. I love the look of the egg cut in half - I should do that instead of being lazy and just handing them straight to the kids. lol

kewkew said...

My girls love muffin tin breakfasts. yum now I am wanting banana bread.

kewkew said...

Hope you had fun skating. Sounds like a lot of fun. That is awesome that you are starting a homeschool group.
Just wanted to let you know I am now following your blog.

Anonymous said...

your eggs cut in half look like little sunshines--cute.

Be Brave, Keep Going said...

My kids didn't like hard boiled eggs before MTM! Now they like a dash of salt and pepper on theirs.

so fun. Thank you for joining in and linking up. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...